The Logistics co-ordinator is responsible for coordinating the shipping and delivery of all orders. To manage all logistical requirements, ensuring cost effective solutions are identified and implemented, all activity is planned and executed according the agreed timeframes and all processes and supporting documentation requirements are adhered to in full.
- Maintain carrier schedules and on-going updates
- Identify and provide multiple scheduling and mode of transport options
- Pre-shipment packing specification checks to ensure optimisation of container loading and palletisation is achieved
- Work with key stakeholders to achieve agreed critical paths
- Provide all forwarding partners with accurate and timely information relating to our requirements
- Provide in-house quotations using the tools and pricing agreements available to them
- Negotiate long-term and SPOT rate agreements with our forwarding partners
- To provide finalised quotes to the Sales and PM teams
- Support the Sales and PM teams with identifying the correct HS Tariff codes
- Responsible for updating all logistics data on proprietary order management software.
- To check the logistics information on purchase/sales orders as they are distributed
- Ensure all internal and external stakeholders are aware of the required vessel connection schedule and cut-off dates
- Work closely with the PM and QC teams to ensure all shipments are released on-time to meet the agreed vessel sailing
- Ensure all clients’ own/external systems are updated as required
- Management of post-order administration, including shipping documentation collation, checks, amendments and preparation for distribution, creation of relevant customs clearance and delivery instructions to forwarders, updating of the logistics database with all activity as it occurs
- Management of monthly Intrastat obligations
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate shipment and delivery status information to all members of the team
- Monitor expenditure vs. budget, inform Sales/PM Teams of any variances and escalate to Operations Manager when necessary
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Instigate and manage appropriate escalation
- A minimum of 3-4 years logistics/import/export/cross doc/cross trade/freight forwarding experience
- Complete understanding of the customs clearance process, Incoterms and associated obligations for the importer
- Disciplined time management with a high level of personal planning
- Concise and effective communication skills (oral & written)
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with close attention to detail
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Ensure weekly status reports are kept updated and distributed accordingly
- Take an active interest in their own self development.
- IT Literate – Word / Excel / PowerPoint – Intermediate Level.