Chief Marketing Officer
As the first ever Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at Supremia you will work closely with the executive team to bring together strategic insight, inspiration, innovation, and thought leadership into a convincing strategic narrative for the company. This includes creating and communicating the value behind our offerings to our customers, clients, and business partners.
You will work collaboratively with all levels and backgrounds across the company. You have significant experience creating, influencing and developing brand stories in support of overall go to market (GTM), growth strategies and business objectives.
The CMO’s own performance metrics will include strong alignment with sales and execution of the marketing strategy, improving current and new processes, building and expanding brands, driving growth, and the ability to generate and transform creative ideas into actionable and effective marketing strategies.
Main responsibilities & key accountabilities
Strategy and Leadership: strategic narrative
Design, build and own the company’s marketing strategy, aligning business goals with available resources, budgets and day-to-day operations.
A clearly communicated and agreed Vision, Mission and Strategic Narrative that enables both internal and external stakeholders to understand how Supremia’s creates value.
Champion a customer-centric culture across the organization, share customer insights and use them as a springboard for collaboration focused on customer experience (CX).
Driving Business Direction: demand generation & sales enablement
- Manage the strategic direction, design, development and creative process of all internal and external communications, branding, website content, public relations, social media and marketing campaigns with a focus on acquisition and retention strategies
- Create product positioning that clearly articulates our unique value proposition, enabling target customers to fully understand and appreciate the benefits of Supremia solutions.
- Partner with Sales Teams to define, coordinate, and improve marketing programs for pipeline acceleration, demand creation and lead generation
- Leverage key customer insights and data to develop accurate, relevant and impactful messaging, and work with internal teams to ensure its implementation across all channels
- Create customer personas/profiles, and identify and promote key use cases, that will help inform all messaging and marketing activities
- Turn customers into key evangelists; manage customer reference pipeline, leveraging the existing customer base to speed up sales cycles
- Ensure that sales teams in local markets can effectively convey our product portfolio's value proposition and provide them with the resources and tools to enable their success
- Build relevant sales plays, and support the enablement team in global sales training efforts
- Ability to motivate, engage and collaborate with employees at all levels, and have the interpersonal skills required to successfully articulate and drive the marketing and company-wide strategy, ensuring it is in perfect sync with our Vision, Mission, Purpose, Values and Strategic intents.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, assess, encourage and mentor teams to achieve excellent outcomes that meet or exceed short-term accountability goals while maintaining a strategic eye for long-term progression.
- Ability to successfully run multiple projects at once and balance a long-term strategic ‘visionary’ perspective with short-term ‘hands-on’ execution requirements
- Act as a recognized and active expert in marketing, brand development and voice of the customer activities for the company by continuously educating and sharing work and knowledge as well as blazing a trail of creativity and innovation
- Consistently display integrity, develop people and build teams while dealing with demanding, challenging, and sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated experience growing a company in a competitive and rapidly evolving market; has a growth mindset and draws energy from transformative change
Other Personal Characteristics:
- A person of strong determination with an unshaken desire to win; someone who instills passion and urgency across the organization to meet objectives and deliver value. A performance-focused individual who sets high goals to achieve success and perform at the highest level.
- A good sense of humor and an innate ability to engage peers and managers in other areas of the business for the benefit of the customers and to help build a culture of winning.
- A good listener who has the ability to demonstrate genuine professionalism, understand customers’ needs and can translate those into product requirements and drive the business to achieve rapid growth.
- International expertise, with oversight of activity in multiple global territories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; knowledge of other languages (Dutch/French) is a plus.